Monday, October 27, 2014

G.A.T.E. and H.O.R.T.

     When I was a kid, I moved a lot and went to a lot of different schools. A couple of the schools put me in an after school program called G.A.T.E., which stands for: Gifted And Talented Education. Earlier, I was thinking about last Saturday's episode of Doctor Who, S8 E10 In the Forest of the Night, when I recalled something that The Doctor's companion, Clara, said. For those of you who don't watch the show or haven't seen the episode yet, spoiler alertClara is a school teacher and she and another teacher were in London for a field trip with their Gifted and Talented class. What I recalled Clara saying was this, 'Doctor, you know they aren't actually gifted and talented, right? I just call it that to make them feel better.'  

GUYS, I finally realized, I was never gifted and talented. I was actually in a program for Hyperactive Over Rambunctious Troublemakers. I will never brag about G.A.T.E. ever again. The sad thing is, is that I'm 25 years old, and it took a British science fiction show for me to realize this.


No comments:

Post a Comment