Friday, May 31, 2013

Upcycling

I lost all the pictures from this post. :'(  
  I'm still at my cousin's house. I think the only reason that she wanted me to come visit was so that I'd cook for her and upcycle a side table that she bought. Not really, she loves me. ^_^  I forgot to take a before picture, but trust me when I say it was ugly. It looked like it had once been painted maroon but then someone decided to paint it white, realized that they didn't know how to paint, and just left it how it was, which was a mess. It wasn't all that difficult to make it look good though. I painted the whole thing a sort of vintage orangey color called "flower pot" over top of all of the other layers of paint. Then I sanded it here and there until bits of the old layers showed through to give it a "distressed" look.

     I don't have a camera with me, so it's not a very good picture. After the main part of the table was done, I worked on the drawer. I painted the inside of the drawer the flower pot orange color and painted the outside white. Then I painted some flowers on the inside of the drawer with white, just as a little surprise for my cousin, which she loved.

      I really regretted starting that corner rose since I didn't have the correct sized paintbrush, but I think it turned out alright, all things considering. After the drawer dried, I distressed it, took a couple of pictures, and then here I am. ^_^  She ordered a pretty handle to go on it, so maybe I'll post another picture later. All in all, it's been a fun week. ^_^

1 comment: