Tuesday, May 14, 2013

25 Years Together

     Today is my parent's 24th Anniversary. I really want to show you my present for them, but they read my blog and I'm not going to see them until this weekend. So no spoilers. I will, however, tell you a bit about them. If we were the type of family to have some big celebration with everyone giving some sort of speech about my parents' love for each other on their anniversary, this is what I would say: Like most children, there are things about my parents that I wish were different, as I'm sure that there are many things about me that they wish were different, but I wouldn't want to exchange them for any other parents in the world. I might read a lot of romances and watch many romantical movies, but I'm not much of a believer in true love, not for myself anyways. If there is one thing I do know, it is that my parents love each other greatly. How do I know? It is because they hold hands. Ever since I was little, every time that we went anywhere, I remember always seeing their hands on the console in between their seats, holding each others' hand. That may not seem like much, but, even now, 25 years after they first met, they still continue to hold each others' hand, and I know, without a doubt, that they will continue to do so until the day they die. Or, if you are religious like they are, (one of the things that they wish were different about me) even after death.
     Okay, well, that's enough with the mushy stuff.



4 comments:

  1. Thank you. You'll never know how much your words mean to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Mom. Happy Anniversary. ^_^

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I just got the video :) I thought you posted it because your dad loves it, but it's because they're holding hands. Bwahaha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, that's a cute way to think. But, no, I'm not that deep. I just thought it was a funny way to end such a sappy post, plus Dad loves it. ^_^

      Delete