Monday, April 8, 2013

Book Review; "Cinder"

     A while back I promised to write a book review of "Cinder," by Marissa Meyer.  I really wish I hadn't. I hate giving reviews, and I'm not very good at it. But since I promised, I'll give it a shot.


    "Cinder" is about a cyborg girl named Cinder who lives in a society that thinks of cyborgs as less-than-human. The story takes place in a future setting and Cinder lives in what is known as New Beijing, so the book has a lot of asian elements to it, which I love. Cinder's only friends are her younger step-sister and a very funny robot named Iko. To earn her keep, Cinder works as a mechanic for robots and gadgets and what-not, which is how she meets Prince Charming Kai. I liked the prince right away, mainly because his name is the name I picked out as a kid as what I would name my son if I ever had one. Kai's father, the Emperor, has a plague that has been, well, plaguing the world. I don't want to give too much away, but I will tell you that there is a crazy lunar Queen with freaky mind-powers who wants to marry the prince, there is a ball, but no glass slipper. Not even a glass foot, which had me really disappointed. But all-in-all it was a great book and I am looking forward to the rest of the series.
     There are a couple more books that I have read, but I'm not sure whether or not I'm going to give a review of them. I guess it depends on how horribly you guys react to this review.  ^_^


No comments:

Post a Comment