Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Shrimp Scampi

     I'm lactose intolerant, so on the rare occasions that I cook something other than ramen, I try to make sure it doesn't have any dairy in it. This evening, I decided I wanted to try making Shrimp Scampi. It has butter, yeah I know that butter is still dairy, but butter doesn't seem to make me sick, as long as I don't use too much of it. Here's a picture of my attempt.
Shrimp Scampi, recipe here

     Hahaha, I bet you thought it was a failure. ☺ Actually, it almost was. I must have had the burner too hot or something because the butter browned really fast, so did the garlic. So of course, my solution was to add a couple tablespoons more butter. ☺ Plus we didn't have any parsley, but I think it tasted okay without it. I put it over noodles but I always have the hardest time getting the correct sauce-to-noodle ratio. I think it would have turned out better if I had either doubled the sauce or cut down on the amount of pasta I made. But the shrimp tasted perfect, and even though I got the garlic slices kind of brown, I have to say, they were my favorite part. Next time, I'll put more garlic, because I found myself saving all the yummy garlic pieces for last.


2 comments:

  1. mmmmmmmm... shrimp. :P Looks tasty.

    p.s. look @ this:

    http://lazyvideoconnoisseur.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete