Saturday, February 9, 2013

Nail Tutorial - Vintage Rose Wallpaper Nail Art

Unfortunately my phone somehow deleted all the pictures that I put on my blog and I can't find my backup for this post, I'll do it again and re-post the pictures when I get the chance, sorry.

I've been wanting to do my nails with nail art that looks like vintage rose wallpaper for a while now. So, I Googled "vintage rose wallpaper," and here is the image that I liked the best:

via
Now, all I had to do was figure out how to get that onto my nails. Now that I've done that I'm going to show you how I did it, so that you can do it too. If you want. ☺

Step 1: I picked out the nail polishes that I would be using.


From left to right:
Start to Finish base and top coat - O.P.I.
Green With Envy - Maybelline
French White Tip - N.Y.C. (New York Color)
Pink Bunny - Jordana
Cherry Fling - (I'm not sure, but I'm guessing Revlon, judging from the bottle.)
Flirty Rose Créme - Wet n Wild
Green Nail Art Polish (not sure of the name, since the label is gone) - (same, but I think it's from Jordana, since I got it from FoodMaxx)
HD Nails - Sinful Colors Professional

Step 2: I put on a clear base coat. I always do that just in case the base color that I'm using is the type that stains your nails.


Step 3: I painted on a coat of Green With Envy for the base color. (You might need more than one coat for an even coverage.)

Step 4: Paint on polka dots. You can use either a nail art dotter or a toothpick, I had neither, so I just used a pin that I filed the sharp tip off of.

For the polka dots, put a row of dots along the nail.

 Then, put another row of dots, next to the first row, lining up with the gaps from the first row. Continue the pattern until the nail is covered.


Step 5: Paint two little triangles of green where you want your roses to go. I used two different greens, but you don't have to.

Sorry about the blurry picture, I'm not very good at taking pictures with my right hand. I need to find a left-handed camera. ^_^

Step 6: Paint blobs of the medium shade of pink (I used Pink Bunny) attached to your "leaves."


Step 7: Use your toothpick/dotter/pin to put a little blobby dot of the darker pink (Cherry Fling) in the middle of the rose, and a tiny, curvy line by the leaves on the bigger roses.


Step 8: Use your toothpick/dotter/pin to put a little dot with a tiny line attached of pale pink (Flirty Rose Créme) off-center of the dark pink dot in the middle of the rose. Then put little curvy lines around the rose and along the dark pink curvy line on the bigger roses.


Step 9: Finally, add a top coat of clear to protect the art and give the art a smooth, "finished" look.


I hope that this was helpful to anyone wanting vintage rose nails. ☺






1 comment: